The GMYS Overtone Society
We are excited to announce the launch of GMYS’ new alumni association, “The GMYS Overtone Society”!
Our goal over the next year is to build a large alumni network spanning 57 years of music making at the highest levels. GMYS alumni have matriculated to some of the most prestigious educational institutions and conservatories in the country. Whether or not they go on to a musical career in performance or education, our alum overwhelmingly report that GMYS has facilitated and enhanced their journey. The GMYS Overtone Society will be a testament to their accomplishments, a way for them to stay connected with each other and the GMYS family, and enable them to proactively give back to those following in their path.
- Access to known contact information for fellow alumni. Information is updated as it becomes available.
- Discounted tickets to arts events around town
- Networking opportunities and discounts at exciting social events and fundraisers
- Recognition on concert programs and on website
- Designated seating at GMYS concerts
- Intermission, Pre and Post Concert receptions
Membership FeesRegular Membership: $30 per year
Honorary Membership: $20.00 (for GMYS alumni who have graduated in the past two years or who have at least four years in the organization)
Lifetime Member: One time donation of $500
Not Ready to Join?
Keep in touch by sharing your information with us here.
Alumni can be assured that GMYS maintains strict confidentiality of this information and does not sell it to outside individuals or organizations.
Other Ways to Stay In Touch
Become an Alumni Volunteer
Becoming a volunteer is another wonderful way to give back to the organization. GMYS is always in need of additional hands. Here are a few of the many ways you can volunteer:
• Coach a chamber group
• Mentor a Musician
• Become a member of the GMYS board
• Become a member of the Overtone Society Committee
• Help organize Alumni meetups in your area
Connect on Facebook
Sponsor a Musician
A one time donation of $$$ can sponsor a child for a year. Click here to donate.